If you live or work in the postcode area of E1, then this is your community. Providence Row has been rooted in this area for over 150 years and like you, we consider this to be our community too. We see E1 as a thriving, diverse and harmonious environment, with strong ties and connections to each other. We want to create a community that shows respect and compassion to those in less fortunate situations. We are all neighbours and we welcome getting to know you all.
We’re sure you’ve noticed instances of rough sleeping within your community, or behaviour that you’re concerned about. Whilst we are doing everything we can to minimise this, there are ways that you can help too. We rely heavily on the generosity of public donations to help keep our doors open and our services running for homeless and vulnerable people. If you’d like to raise money for Providence Row please see some ideas below or get in touch to discuss further – we’d love to hear from you!
How you can support us:
We welcome support from students, individuals, groups, Churches, schools, companies, rotary clubs, Liveries – anyone who’s willing to go out of their way to raise some cash to help homeless people.
We’re here to offer you ideas, support, materials and a big pat on the back (or hug) when your event is finally complete. We’ve even been known to go to Churches, schools, clubs and offices to give talks about what we do to tackle homelessness and where your money goes.
Sports – there are hundreds of sponsored 10k runs, half marathons, full marathons, triathlons, swimathons taking place across the UK throughout the year. You name it and we’re pretty sure you can find it! www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/ or www.swimming.org/swimfit/get-involved/
Challenges – marathons don’t do it for you? How about climbing 3 mountains in 24 hours? Or cycling from Land’s End to John O’Groats in 13 days? Jumping out of an aeroplane? Rowing the length of the Thames? Walking the Great Wall of China? Whatever the challenge it’s guaranteed to impress people into sponsoring you! www.charitychallenge.com
Events – if you don’t fancy sweating from every pore or gasping for breath why not host a morning, afternoon or evening doing something you love!
- Hold a delicious bake-off with your friends or neighbours
- Get some bands or DJs together and throw a fun party in a warehouse
- Make use of all that general knowledge in your head, don your Quiz Master hat and organise a quiz down your local pub
- Host a “strangers” dinner party, inviting guests from your circle of friends but who don’t know each other (it’s the new craze that’s much more fun than it sounds!)
Whichever event you decide to go with, just don’t forget to charge people an entry fee – it’s all about raising money for a good cause after all!
Other ways you can support us:
We care about our community and love to talk about all things E1 and beyond! Come and join us in person or online via the options below.
- Come to one of our events!
- Volunteer with us!
- Sign up to our e-Newsletter
- “Follow” us on Twitter, retweet us or mention our name and work on your own tweets
- “Like” us on Facebook and spread the love with your friends to get them to do the same
- Visit our Youtube channel to hear personal stories from our clients about what it’s like to be homeless
- Offer us your Gifts in Kind! We welcome donations of:
- toiletries and towels for our shower service
- specific food items for our cooking and baking taster sessions
For any fundraising or Gift in Kind queries, please get in touch with Emma in the Fundraising Team on 020 7422 6381 or email@example.com