Needle Exchange & Harm Reduction Coordinator
Salary: £28,620 per annum
Contract: 35 hrs per week, permanent contract
About us: Providence Row believes that no one should have to sleep rough and that everyone should have access to the support they need to find a safe place to call home. We work with those affected by homelessness and those vulnerably housed in Tower Hamlets, offering an integrated service of housing advice & support, access to substance use, physical & mental health services, as well as, training and progression programmes. We ensure that people often excluded from mainstream services gain the support and opportunities they need to create a safe, healthy and sustainable life.
About the role
- Leading on a busy needle exchange service, you will offer harm reduction advice & support to all people who access the service.
- You will oversee stock levels and ordering of new supplies, with an emphasis on ensuring all stock is stored safely.
- You will ensure policies, procedures, and quality control are in place for all people and staff when carrying out the Needle Exchange and further develop good practice.
- Delivering a non-judgemental, non-coercive needle exchange service that centres each person’s own goals in regard to their substance use and overall wellness.
- You will lead on delivery of Naloxone distribution & training internally and to external partners
- You have excellent communication skills and can create positive working relationships with a wide range of people, including external services.
- You will support the development of the service and ensure that you are delivering a solution-focussed and strength-based approach.
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Employee assistance programme
- Monthly reflective practice
- Wide range of learning & development opportunities
To apply: Please upload your CV with a covering letter, detailing how you meet the job specification by Friday 8 December 2023 at 23:30. CV’s without a covering letter will not be considered
Research shows some people, especially women and marginalised groups, may hesitate to apply unless they match all the criteria. However, we want to assure everyone that we encourage applications from all individuals, regardless of whether they fulfil every point in the job description. Your unique perspective matters to us – please apply with confidence.
Please note that we may interview on a rolling basis and therefore encourage early applications.
Providence Row is a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales; company number 07452798 registered charity number 1140192.