We have all become aware of our vulnerability in recent weeks. A virus has completely changed our routines and put the lives of those closest to us at risk. As always, challenging times have shown the kindness and generosity of so many people. As we pause and reflect, it is obvious that we really do care for one another and especially for those who are now most in need.
The Providence Row community is a sign of this care in action. We build communities of support for those affected by homelessness who are least likely to receive help elsewhere. During the COVID-19 outbreak, we have adapted our services to address the immediate needs of rough sleepers who are now in great danger.
- Placing those most at risk in safe temporary accommodation
- Providing specialist, 24/7 support for rough sleepers based in hotels to ensure they can self-isolate, receive regular meals, and have their health and wellbeing needs met
- Outreach service for people with substance misuse issues ensuring access to prescription medication, and advice and support for long term recovery
- A telephone psychotherapy service which is a lifeline for many who are distressed and traumatised
- Daily telephone support and weekly wellbeing packs for residents in hostels who cannot attend our support groups during the lockdown
We shall come through the current crisis, and we can come through it better and stronger as we continue to address the needs of the most vulnerable in our communities.
Thank you for supporting the work of Providence Row. We do remain concerned that a number of our income streams stopped with the Government lockdown at the very time we need support the most. You can be a lifeline for those most in need at this time of national crisis. Please donate what you can to our emergency appeal.