World Homeless Day falls on the 10th October 2021 and we are uniting with people around the world who are tackling homelessness.
Our own Homeless Action Week runs from 4-10 October with our sleep out taking place throughout the week. It is a dedicated week of action focused on raising awareness of the impact of homelessness and raising funds to support us in our work.
But we can’t do it alone! We need your support, voices and donations.
The sleep out 2021
For people who are homeless life is lonely and isolating, depressing and dangerous. It's hard to imagine what life without a safe space feels like. Our sleep out does not aim to replicate what it's like to be homeless but can give an insight into the challenges faced by those living on the streets. Joining is also a great way to get involved with our work, raise awareness of homeless issues and take a stand against homelessness.
How to take part:
- Sleep out any time between 4-10 October
- Fill in the form below to let us know you are taking part
- Choose your sleep out date and pick a sleep out location. Please make sure your spot is safe, secure and within the law. We recommend picking a spot in your garden, balcony or living room if you are sleeping out as an individual – if you are taking part in a group sleep out perhaps you could contact your local church/school to see if you could use their grounds. Please contact Providence Row if you need support in setting up your sleep out.
- You could host your own sleep out and invite friends and family to join
- Set up a Just Giving page to support your sleepout. Click here and Providence Row will automatically receive 100% of the funds your raise.
- Tell us and others you are taking a stand against homelessness #HomelessActionWeek
- The theme of this years sleep out is 'Safe Spaces' let us know where your safe space is and what safe spaces mean to you