Our mission and values
We have a vision of East London as a thriving, vibrant area which is a welcoming, friendly and multicultural place for people to visit and live in. When people do become homeless we will be a place they can go to for safety, help and support to address what has gone wrong.
We will work with people, whatever their background, to help them to an independent and fulfilled life away from homelessness and exclusion, in which they are contributing members of the community. This means that we will address not only their immediate needs, but also the underlying issues and causes of their homelessness and exclusion.
In all of our work we try to see the person, not the problems. We look at all the things our clients can do, not what they can’t. We work with our clients to identify their strengths, skills and talents and to make the most of these things. We do this using our core values.
- Compassion: Taking the time to understand difficulties without judgement and with a view to helping people to overcome them.
- Respect: Exercising the same degree of consideration and care for everyone who comes to Providence Row, whatever the reason.
- Inclusiveness: Welcoming and seeking to involve everybody, whatever their background, needs, problems, ethnicity, nationality or faith.
- Empowerment: Working with people, not for people, to enable them to realise their gifts, abilities and talents.
- Justice: Acting fairly and promoting justice within the organisation and in relation to the needs and rights of people who use our services.